Great Potential Press Author Articles
(alphabetized by author’s last name)
Joy Davis, Ed.D.
Author of Bright, Talented, and Black
Arlene R. DeVries, M.S.E.
- Appropriate Expectations for the Gifted Child
- “Pushy Parents”…Bad Rap or Necessary Role?
- What Parents Should Expect for the Gifted Child: How to Make It Happen
Author of Intelligent Life in the Classroom
Joanne F. Foster, Ed.D.
Author of Being Smart about Gifted Education
- Parenting for High Potential column: D is for Development (This column was published in an e-issue of Parenting for High Potential)
- Parenting for High Potential column: F is for Fit and Flexibility (This column was published in an e-issue of Parenting for High Potential)
- Parenting for High Potential column: I is not for “I” (This column was published in the January 2013 Parenting for High Potential issue)
- Parenting for High Potential column: J is for Journey (This column was published in an e-issue of Parenting for High Potential)
- Cultivating a Gifted Mind
Jean Goerss, M.D.
Author of Boosting Your Baby’s Brain Power
Frances A. Karnes, Ph.D.
Author of Grandparents’ Guide to Gifted Children
Barbara A. Kerr, Ph.D.
Dona Matthews, Ph.D., & Joanne Foster, Ed.D.
Authors of Being Smart about Gifted Education
- Helping Kids Handle Horrendous Events in the News
- Troubling Times: How Parents and Teachers Can Help Children Understand and Confront Adversity
Dan B. Peters, Ph.D.
Co-author of Raising Creative Kids
- Common Misdiagnosis in Gifted Kids
- A Creative Generation is in Demand
- Your Child’s Sleeping Habits: Normal or Not?
- Monitoring Anxiety in Your Gifted Child
- What is this “gifted” thing anyway?
Jane Piirto, Ph.D.
Author of Understanding Creativity
Lisa Rivero, M.A.
- Home Room: Debunking the Myths of Home Schooling
- Is Your School Setting Healthy or Toxic?
- Unnecessary Expectations: A Lesson in How Not to Worry
Deborah L. Ruf, Ph.D.
Author of 5 Levels of Gifted
- The Do’s and Don’ts for Raising Gifted Kids
- Gifted? Highly Gifted? What’s the Difference?
- One Profoundly Gifted Kid’s Story
- Preschool Behaviors in Gifted Children
- Unevenly Gifted
- How Smart Is My Child?
Stephanie S. Tolan, M.A.
Author of Guiding the Gifted Child
James T. Webb, Ph.D.
Author of A Parent’s Guide to Gifted Children, Misdiagnosis and Dual Diagnoses of Gifted Children and Adults, Grandparents’ Guide to Gifted Children, Guiding the Gifted Child, and Gifted Parent Groups: The SENG Model
- Dabrowski’s Theory and Existential Depression in Gifted Children and Adults
- Existential Depression in Gifted Individuals
- Misdiagnosis and Dual Diagnoses of Gifted Children: Gifted and LD, ADHD, OCD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- The Social-Emotional Needs of Gifted Learners
- Tips for Selecting the Right Counselor or Therapist for Your Gifted Child
Nadia Webb, Psy.D.
Author of From School to Homeschool
Judy Willis, M.D., M.Ed.
Author of Inspiring Middle Schools Minds
Interviews and other articles
- Information on Dabrowski and gifted education
- Psychologist Leta Hollingworth challenged male superiority claims and founded the field of gifted education.
- Gina Dal Fuoco interviews GPP authors Deborah L. Ruf, Ph.D., & James T. Webb, Ph.D.