Gifted Parent Groups
The SENG Model (2nd Edition)
Parents of gifted children often face many strange and disturbingly unfamiliar issues because their children differ from seemingly “average” children. They can find comfort, reassurance, and alternative ways of handling particular problems when they talk with other parents who are dealing with similar situations. This manual provides essential information for persons wishing to conduct SENG (Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted) Model parent support groups for parents of gifted children. Each week, parents in the group read a chapter of A Parent’s Guide to Gifted Children and then discuss the concepts in the chapter, led by the group facilitator. Parents support one another in practicing new techniques at home.
Who should receive SENG training?
Persons with some knowledge of gifted children who want to facilitate parent groups in an encouraging, non-confrontational style. This might include coordinators of gifted programs, teachers, counselors, experienced parents, social workers, and/or psychologists.
- Presents a unique model for providing services to parents of gifted children
- Contains clear instructions for establishing a SENG parent support group
- Summarizes key issues for parents of gifted children
- Targets potential problems that facilitators encounter in the groups and offers reasonable solutions
- Contains valuable appendices listing relevant books, periodicals, and Internet resources
For more information about SENG training, please visit our SENG Training page.
Length: 176 pages
ISBN 10 digit: 0-910707-77-4
ISBN 13 digit: 978-0-910707-77-0