Leadership Development Program
(2nd Edition, Complete Kit)
*Complete Kit includes the Manual and one set of 20 Leadership Skills Inventory Forms
Help pre-teens, adolescents, and young adults develop their leadership potential. This program is ideal for use in schools or in social, civic, or other organizations that emphasize personal growth and leadership. There are two parts to this product: the Manual, and 20 Leadership Skills Inventory Forms to be used with 20 individual students or adults. The Manual provides more than 100 easy-to-implement activities to help individuals enhance their specific leadership skills. The Forms, which can be used by children in grades six and up—even to adulthood—enable individuals to self-assess nine key areas of leadership. Once an individual scores the inventory, he or she can make a graph showing his or her high and low leadership skill areas. The individual then can focus on performing activities from the Manual designed to strengthen one or more particular areas of leadership. After some months practicing the activities, the person can complete the self-scoring inventories again to see where growth has occurred.
This program is well-liked by teachers, student councils, honor societies, scouts, religious groups, and various college and young adult organizations for assessing leadership potential. It is also popular with school districts that have leadership as part of their gifted education program because teachers can use it as a tool to measure student growth in various areas of leadership.
- Checklists that measure nine dimensions of leadership (such as decision making, problem solving, group dynamic, and planning skills)
- A self-administered, self-scored inventory, with the ability to graph a personal leadership profile to see which skill areas are high and which need development
- A variety of activities for each skill area that can be used to strengthen each leadership skill
- A recommendation to administer the inventories a second time as a post-test to measure improvement
- A list of references for further reading