Raising Creative Kids
Winner of the 2013 Legacy Award for best Parenting book!
How can you nurture creativity?
Written for parents and teachers, Raising Creative Kids is a guide to fostering creativity and sustaining the creative spirit in children both at home and at school. Creativity is both a capacity we are born with and a skill that we can further develop. In addition to describing various theories of creativity, the authors describe personality traits, programs, processes, and products that foster creativity. Filled with examples and practical suggestions, this exciting book describes parenting for creativity, teaching organizational skills, and ways to preserve and enhance one’s own creativity.
ISBN 13 digit: 978-1-935067-21-4
Daniels and Peters take the complicated and often contradictory world of creativity research and make it accessible, interesting, and fun. Highly recommended!”
– James C. Kaufman, Ph.D., author of Creativity 101 and Nurturing Creativity in the Classroom
Daniels and Peters provide practical insights and concrete suggestions for how to raise creative kids and how your might approach your teaching, parenting, and daily life more creatively.”
– Ronald A. Beghetto, Ph.D., author of Nurturing Creativity in the Classroom
This engaging book reflects the state-of-the-art in applied creativity.”
– Jonathan Plucker, Ph.D. Endowed Professor of Education, University of Connecticut
This book succeeds in digesting a lot of information from studies and technical journals into a clear, helpful guide for parenting creative kids.”
– Author and mother of gifted children, Suki Wessling, in her blog Avant Parenting
We tend to overlook how much creativity matters to many of our gifted students… I got a lot out of [it], and will remember to take creativity and fostering creativity seriously.”
– LEM, a gifted advocate blog
- Parent Resource on 2e: Twice-Exceptional Newsletter blog